When you walk through a storm hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm is a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown...
Walk on, Walk on with hope in your heart
and you'll never walk alone.
You'll never walk alone.
April Choir Boosters Minutes
Submitted by TDobes on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 9:04am
Choir Boosters News
On Tuesday, April 13th, the Choir Boosters held their eighth monthly meeting in the choir room at 7:00 PM. Minutes from the meeting are now online. Items discussed included: Banquet, Spring Concert, Nomination of Officers, and Tuxedo Rental Coupons Elections for next year's Choir Booster Officers will occur at the next meeting. (May 4th, 2004)
MHS CHOIR BOOSTERS
MEETING MINUTES - 4/13/2004
Debbie Nieman, Acting President, called the meeting to order.
Minutes from the March 2, 2004 meeting were read and accepted without change.
- Beginning balance of checking account was $2,852.57.
- Checking account activity: Choir Trip (-$3,453), Cash for Contest Concert (-$300), Cash for Messiah Concert (-$150), Transfer to Susan Emig Scholarship Fund (-$389.30), Choir Trip Deposits (+$3,135), Contest Concert Proceeds (+$689.30), and Patron Ads (+$150).
- The current balance of the checking account is $2,534.57.
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account beginning balance was $2,251.20.
- Fund activity: Interest (+$1.92), Contest Choir Proceeds (+$389.30), and Steiner Donation (+$100).
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account current balance is $2,742.42.
- Justin Kolb Concert Top Ticket Seller #4 will be announced in May. Final decision on digital camera purchase remains outstanding.
- Spring Choir Trip - a great time was had by all in who attended.
- Banquet committee update: Mrs. Rees respectfully resigned her position as committee chairperson due to a new job. Debbie Niemen and Debbie Elser volunteered to jointly chair the committee. Cost will be approximately $18. Menu has been set. We must bring our own beverages. Outstanding items: announcement, program, gifts.
- Messiah concert set for Thursday, April 15 at 7:30 p.m. Need diet pop and desserts from 2nd and 3rd hours. 5th and 6th hours will come as guests.
- Choral Festival at Pierce will be held Saturday, April 17 - will solicit volunteers at the Messiah concert.
- Spring Concert
- Theme is Only in America
- Concert proceeds are designated for the Choir Booster fund
- Mr. Emig will announce the date of the Spring Concert at the Messiah concert
- Will need to order flowers/balloons
- ISSMA Choir Competition in Elkhart on May 1 - more details to follow
- Mrs. Rees read a message from Dave Festa regarding Booster Officer nominations for the 2004-05 school year.
- The following were nominated: Dave Festa for President, Eleanor Naglosky for Vice President, Debbie Niemen for Treasurer and Debbie Elser for Secretary.
- Eleanor Naglosky provided coupons for $25 tuxedo rentals from Louis' Tux Shop in the mall - Boosters will receive $5 for every coupon redeemed.
- Dates to remember:
- Orchestra Pre-Festival Concert - 4/22/04 7 p.m.
- Spring Play "Romeo and Juliet" - 5/7/04 7 p.m. 5/8/04 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Boosters Meeting (Election of Officers) - 5/4/03 7 p.m.
- MHS Band Spring Concert - 5/11/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Concert - 5/13/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Choir "Spring Concert" - 5/20/04 7:30 p.m.
- MHS Choir Banquet - 6/1/04 6 p.m. at Turkey Creek Country Club
Next meeting will be held May 4, 2004 at 7 p.m. Choir Booster Officers for 2004-05 will be elected at this meeting.
login or register to post comments · 3620 reads