It is our general purpose to get the students from Merrill to Branson and back again with no injuries. If the students happen to have fun in this process, that's great.
Each chaperone will be assigned a group of students for which they are responsible. Regular daily responsibilities will include:
- Make sure students are present on the bus every time we use the bus
- Make sure your students are in their room at curfew
- Make sure students are awake on time
- Make sure students understand daily itinerary
- Observe students for suspicious behavior that might involve breaking of school rules
- Be on guard for our students being loud, obnoxious, and/or rude. Do not tolerate this behavior.
- Assist in medical emergencies and contact Mr. Emig immediately
- Inquire within assigned group about any individual medical abnormalities
- No students or chaperones should leave the group for unauthorized excursions.
- You may search students' rooms at any time with or without the students' permission.
- Check luggage before the trip
- Check hotel rooms for any damage or things left behind
- Make sure students are properly dressed at all times
- Check with assigned students from time to time on their whereabouts
Under no circumstance should a chaperone touch a student for any reason except for a life-threatening situation. Please be as courteous to the student as you would want them to be with you. If a student needs more attention than a courteous response, inform Mr. Emig.